A mourning dove is felled with a golden arrow.
• Size 7.5
• The face of the ring measures about 1"
• Hand painted, etched, hand fabricated
• Solid sterling silver, 23.5k gold
• Inscribed with the Latin word, "Misericordiae" which translates to "Mercy."
• Wheat detail flanks the inscription
• One of a kind
The motif of flightless and felled birds has recurred in my memento mori work throughout the pandemic; these sad symbols represent a heaviness of spirit and a call for empathy in our current times.