A felled mourning dove plummets to the sea.
• Fine silver, sterling silver, brass, keum boo 23.5k gold
• 26" solid sterling silver rolo chain with S hook clasp
• Pendant measures 1.25” x 2”
• Large hidden slide bail on back allows for easy change of chain
• Chase & repousse (limited edition cast replica of my original)
• Keum-boo, etched, hand fabricated
• A substantial piece that weighs about as much as a pocket watch
The Latin inscription reads, "tempus est brevis" which means, "time is brief."
The motif of flightless and felled birds has recurred in my memento mori work throughout 2020; these sad symbols represent a heaviness of spirit and a call for empathy in our current times.