A felled mourning dove.
• Size 9
• Ring face measures approximately 1.25" x 2.25”
• Fine silver, sterling silver, brass, 23.5k gold
• Chase & repousse (limited edition cast replica of my original)
• Keum-boo, etched, hand fabricated
• The Latin inscription reads, "Misericordiae" which translates to, "Mercy."
• Wheat detail flanks the inscription
The motif of flightless and felled birds has recurred in my memento mori work throughout the pandemic; these sad symbols represent a heaviness of spirit and a call for empathy in our current times.