Inspired by Victorian carved jet that was popular in mourning and memento mori jewelry, this pendant necklace features a black hand-sculpted mourning dove feather. The handmade closure is etched with the Latin text, "tempus brevis" or "time is brief." On the back of the piece, I have enclosed a found photo with only the photographer's stamp visible – the snapshot on the reverse will ever remain a mystery to the wearer; the photo is protected with a thin slice of mica, a translucent natural mineral.
• One of a kind
• 30" black anodized steel rolo chain including clasp
• Pendant is a total of 3" including bail
• Handmade jeweler's brass link-and-hook clasp
• Clasp inscribed with handwritten Latin text, "tempus brevis" or "time is brief"
• Hand sculpted polymer clay feather
• Jeweler's brass bezel and bail
• Back of pendant features a hidden antique photo with only the back visible through a mica window